Monday, May 16, 2011

Take Two

This has been an unexpected ordeal.
Through a series of unfortunate events involving glitchy Blogger servers and a squatting troll, I have had to get an entirely new blog. This one, in case you didn't notice, in which case I'm sure you'll catch on to the whole blogging thing eventually. Don't worry about it.
My first blog post was deleted and my old blog was replaced with mean-spirited, almost nonsensical douchebaggery. Here are some of the things you may have missed from my lost post:
  • My name is Jon Garcia. Hi. Let's be friends.
  • My main Internetular outlet is The Minute Vlog on YouTube, from which you can find my other online interactions I'm sure.
  • I'm a vegetarian. No, I won't rub it in your face. No, I don't count calling meat "dead things" as rubbing it in your face.
  • I'm a feminist. Yes, I am a male, as my name seems to indicate, but feminism is about more than just cis women. More on that later.
  • More and more I'm becoming an activist. Anti-racism, anti-ableist, progressive government and all-around kyriarchy-is-bad, that's me.
  • I have the invisible disabilities of Major Depression, Sensory Integration Disorder and high functioning autism. More on that later too, probably. Feel free to ask about it.
  • I'm a college student. English major and history minor, both for education and yes I realize the irony of this fragmented explanatory sentence.
Hello again. Nice bullets, eh? In light of recent events, I should also point out that despite the nationalities of some of my ancestors, despite my ethnicity and what I call my grandparents and my last name, I do not speak Spanish. English, obviously. A little French even. But no Spanish.
Now that that's through I think I'm done for now. Oy vei.

5 comments:

  1. *saves to toolbar* *unfollows troll* Can you write about being a feminist soon? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! I've already sort of hinted at it in my gender studies videos. Hmm. I should do more of those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a vegetarian. I like to think I don't rub it in people's faces, but sadly it's one of the first things I talk about when I meet someone new. I annoy myself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete