Thursday, November 3, 2011

BioWriMo Year Three: Still Not Very Good at Being a Person

I turned two in 1992 and let me tell you, it was probably not very exciting. I literally remember nothing. That’s good because I am busy today and I should be writing my novel instead of this.

I started to speak but the only people who could understand me were members of my own family. How can I put this? I was mumbly. My maternal grandfather mumbles, my brother mumbles, sometimes my mom mumbles so of course I mumbled. I also had weird speech idiosyncrasies. I’d hop from one subject to another without warning and generally leave people confused. Logic was hard. I thought that if I got a reward for something once I’d get it every time. I might be mixing years here. Like I said, I was very small at the time.

I still didn’t sleep through the night. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment